View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 08:50 PM

Default Re: Couple of Spots against Bad Lag/Maniac

[ QUOTE ]
Could you tell me what SPR means?

[/ QUOTE ]

The simple answer is that it's short for "stack-to-pot-ratio." It's described in detail in Professional No-Limit Hold 'Em, Vol. 1. Playing preflop with SPR in mind involves trying to manipulate preflop pot sizes so that we can profitably get all-in if we hit the flop. (By "hit the flop," I'm talking about hitting in ways that there's a good chance we will hit, such as flopping an overpair with QQ or TPTK with AK or a set with 55.) For the overpair and top-pair hands, we tend to benefit most from lowish SPRs (such as an SPR of 4), whereas with more speculative hands like the low PPs, an SPR up around 10-15 is fine.

[ QUOTE ]
I was considering a check. I'm really not sure what the right line is here. It might be marginal. If he checks the river you go for a value-bet right? What if he c/rs the river - call? The guy seemed to have some ability to read hands even though he played badly. I basically never check both the flop and turn if I have an A so if i bet the river it would be a great spot for him to c/r bluff. But I may be giving him too much credit. I think it might be harder for him to c/r bluff the turn since an A or sets etc. are definitely still in my range then.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if I would go for a value bet on the river if Villain checked again in Hand 4. I guess maybe I should, but versus someone who likes Ax (and it sounds like Villain does), then the board in the hand is one that freezes me up. And in a way the two aces on the board makes it that much harder to bet (well, for me), since people love to slowplay trips (I do realize, though, that three consecutive postflop checks is a pretty damn patient slowplay, but lots of online players are capable of it).

There is the question too of how often Villain will even have a payoff hand. But if he weren't allowed to checkraise, I would like a modest bet. It's the checkraise possibility that makes me hesitate.