View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 04:30 PM

Default Live 1/2 NL AA with ugly flop but interesting circumstances

Live 1/2 NL

About 2 a.m. Monday morning. Mix of tight and loose but aggressive and fairly solid (mainly regulars) players — 8 handed.

I think they consider me to be in the middle. They've seen one bluff, but mainly fairly solid play.

Buy-in is $300. I’m down to about $150 (very nasty bad beats). I’m not buying back in, because we are leaving soon and I’m already up $600. Just playing for fun — to double back up or lose one buy-in in a weekend of poker that’s paid for my vacation regardless.

Button (loose player) straddles $5. Two callers (both joined us because their 2/5 NL table broke — the second guy has not folded a hand pre-flop in an hour). Folds to me in late position and I have AA. I raise to $25 and plan to shove any flop.

Button calls, one fold, and the 2/5 player who has yet to fold pre-flop calls. (These are the only two players I expected to call with almost any hand.)

Flop comes K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (I did not have A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img])

2/5 player checks.

Hero? Do I stick with my plan?