View Single Post
Old 07-09-2007, 02:19 PM

Default Re: 2/4 Stud High- 554

Hi,

you don't want 4 or 5 players though... that's the absolute last thing you want... In my posts above I explain that you want it heads-up or with (basically) all.

When you have excellent re-raising position as you did.. even with the first 2 limpers they will often fold when it is 2 bets back to them.... (but often call when it is only one... which happened)

My whole point to my posts was.. that
1) the hand was much much better off playing shorthanded if it was going to be played
2) There was opportunity to attempt to get shorthanded and even best-case heads-up
3) 4 or 5 way isn't what you want with small pairs
a) you will most likely be outdrawn w/o getting correct price
b) when i said play them with most eveyone in.. you then most often are geting good enough price to try and hit perfect
4) cold calling completions and raises (often) is not a winning way to stud

This hand example is actually a very good one for new stud players to study. It is a common situation in stud... and one that has to be handled differently depending on the circumstances... and it is VERY important to understand what to do in order to be a winning stud player.

honestly, I think this hand should have been folded from the start...

I would have played it if my other needed cards were live... then I would have raised.

Regards,
CJ