View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 12:38 PM

Default Re: C-betting survey.

I answered all the questions, but I think that polls like this are actually counter productive. A poster who cbets perhaps 20% of time time could read that people cbet about 75% of the time and say, "oh well then I'll cbet more." But they are missing critical knowledge -- when to cbet. Not just 75% of the time, but there are specific situations in which cbetting is good or not good. The key to cbetting correctly is not knowing how often, but when.

A cbet on this board is often very good: K72r
A cbet on this board not often that good: AQ2r
A cbet on this board is often very bad: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
A cbet on this board is often not good: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

They are good or bad not because of your hand or even really the opponent's hand exactly. They are good or bad because of how often you will get a call. For example, say the opponent has 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. A cbet on he first board will not often be called. A cbet on the 3rd board will be at least called 100% of the time. When considering cbets, consider the three classes of hands opponents are most likely to have: naked Aces, medium-small pairs, coordinated unpaired cards (one gappers, suited connectorsl, suited broadways, two broadway cards, etc)