View Single Post
Old 06-20-2006, 06:36 AM

Default Re: the limp reraise

I probably take SB seriously when he leads the turn and start just calling there. The flop check/3-bet is already scary, and he led the turn despite your invitation (with your cap) to check-call instead.

So unless he's got specifically 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or is just getting into the spirit of the table, it's looking like a set. (Two pair isn't so likely on this board, although he may like playing 96s in particular or something.)

I suppose a hand like A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is possible, and, yeah, raising would be great if you happen to be ahead (especially with Button still in the hand) of, say, SB's TT. But it looks like you're probably not ahead.

I don't know. It seems like SB should be taking your limp-reraise pretty seriously by now. So I'd be thinking Button is not such a big concern anymore, because I'm too worried about SB, and I'd be looking to get to showdown.

Also, paying 3 bets on the big streets only to end up folding on the river in a huge pot is not something I like to do if I can help it. It's hard to know you're toast with an overpair with over 95 percent certainty against just one player at a Party 6-max table, particularly when the table has been getting wild.