View Single Post
Old 08-21-2007, 02:20 AM

Default Re: hitting the ball straight

You guys that are good players don't work the ball much? I'm a 2 and I'm always trying to use the correct trajectory and flight. I like working the ball off the center of the green toward the pin if it's near the edge of a green. If it's a front right pin over a bunker, I'm playing a high fade. Back hole pos. into a wind I'm taking an extra club and hitting a 3/4, lower trajectory draw. Dogleg right tee shot over water, I'm hitting a high fade...etc..etc Not to mention all the times you're behind trees, it's such a huge advantage to have a massive hook and slice in your arsenal that you can rely on to get on/near greens where most people are just pitching back into the fairway.

That said, I still just hit my normal slight draw for most shots (especially if there is not much wind), unless the situation calls for something else. And I'm not saying a 17 handicap should be worried about being able being able to hit every shot, since like others have said they should simply be working on making solid contact more often.