View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 02:50 PM

Default Re: [censored] MTTS IMO

[ QUOTE ]
Once you realize that to win MTT, you need to stay out of races, you'll lose less races and place higher in them.

I JUST started playing them this week. I normally play SnG and cash, mostly live cash, but I played 7 tourneys with 700+ entrants each and placed 150 or less in every single one. Even cashed 3 times. Not bad for my first few tourneys...

Avoid getting all your chips on the line, bad beats and losing races happen, so avoid them. Be cautious preflop, be extra concerned with position, and if someone calls a raise when you have top pair, check/call, or check/fold because you're probably beat.

Whole diff strategy, don't get frustrated, it's acutally easy once you learn the rules. Play super tight for the first hour and you'll be to less than 200 people in a 700-1000 field in no time. Especially $15-$30 buy in events, they are like Jerry Lewis Donkathons. Double up one time then wait for premium hands or suited connectors in multiway cheap PF pots. Also, play ANY pocket pair with any decent sizable raises, hit a set, double up.

GL

[/ QUOTE ]

i understand, i used to play basically to "make the money" but im pretty much passed that and really look to final table not cash, and then win obv