View Single Post
Old 09-03-2007, 05:22 PM

Default Re: 50NL Tough spot on river with 99

TBH I think the deciding factor in this hand is the turn, does he raise UTG w/ like SC?? Just given the stats id guess he has a tight UTG range. He fires the turn like the 8 helps him so i think that narrows his range to like either a set, 78, maybe 66, possibly TT/99 or combo draw (i wouldnt put 69/46 is his range and id probably say less likely he c/c OOP w/ overcards and hits a FD). The river seems like a pretty standard fold (unless he has really high bluff tendencies), but the turn is where im unsure whats correct. If we are callin the turn bet, I think we pretty much have to fold to any river bet even if it blanks. At this point we are hopin to get to SD cheap and prayin that villian will check to us on the river. Theres not many hands that call a turn raise that we are ahead of besides draws(if that) IMO, so there is no value in raising the turn really a raise would be for protection. I dunno, if we call the turn it seems like we are hopin he is drawing, misses, and checks to us which seems pretty bad. I think we should raise or fold the turn not quite sure whats best tho.