View Single Post
Old 06-18-2007, 10:42 PM

Default Re: Diet changes that have benefited you

I agree with Jay. This is a different topic. It's a fine thread idea.

1. I've made a real effort to increase my vegetables. I reject vitamin supplements. I prefer cooked vegetables over raw and am trying to add more servings to my daily diet. It's hard but I think I'm doing pretty good so far. Benefits, we shall see.

2. I'm trying to cut back on my red meat. I will never cut it out completely because I love steak, but I'm trying to eat much smaller portions. Benefits? I'm spending less money! Health benefits, not sure yet.

3. Cut back on the alcohol. I've never been a big drinker to tell you the truth. I've pretty much cut all hard liquor out of my life (with the occasional margarita). I only drink beer now. I'm feeling pretty good about that.

4. No longer weighing myself [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]. Seriously, I can't stand the whole idea anymore and it just becomes an unhealthy obsession. I reject it! Life is much better this way.

5. I think I'm going to try this water thing. You guys are making me all paranoid now. Maybe I need to hydrate myself. I think I'm going to get a glass of water right now.