View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 01:31 PM

Default Re: $5+0.50 Playing AJs Aggressively (Too Aggressively?)

My standart line would be to fold here PF.

I don't like a raise here because we will mostly be called by hands which range we are not far ahead of. Raising in early position brings another problem along. You are more likely to be OOP compared to a raise in LP. I am not saying that a raise here is bad, but it wouldn't suit my playing style and the value you lose by not playing this hand is marginal and shouldn't be a big factor on your ROI in a $5 STT. You will find much better spots than this one to play a hand aggressively.

I think you should play AJ if you can openraise from LP or if you think you will likely see a flop. In this example with a suited AJ and just 7 players left I might call to see a flop, but wouldn't commit with TPGK in most cases. I would rather like to hit Pair + FD or some combo-hand which we can semi-bluff with.

As played: I don't like a shove too much, because you have SB left to act as well and I think you can crank down your variance by calling, because on these limits it's pretty sure that you will get paid out if you hit. On higher Buy-In's with thinking players I like your line a bit more.