View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 12:57 PM

Default Re: Understanding the Social Security scam

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So you're saying that the U.S. has defaulted on it's bond payments? Wow that's news to me and here I thought that U.S. treasuries were viewed has having essentially no default risk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course not. They issue more bonds to retire the bonds outstanding and fuel the current deficit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Corporations do this all the time and have capital structures that are such they constantly have debt on their balance sheets. So what/

[ QUOTE ]
I know you're smart enough to realize that.

You are such a silly person, who must spend a lot of time trolling this site looking for fights.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm trolling? You reponded to a post where I asked a specific question that you apparently don't want to answer. Why respond to my post then?

[/ QUOTE ]

Now I know you're out of touch. Corporations sell bonds for the purpose of leverage and increasing profits. Their goal is to increase profits by a sum that is much greater than the interest payments on the bonds.

The U.S. Govt can't do that. If they need 2 trillion dollars to run the fed govt in 2008, they need to come up with 2 trillion in taxes PLUS enough in taxes to pay the interest on the 10 trillion dollar deficit.

If they don't, which they won't, they have to go out and borrow more money, and in 2009 they will have to borrow more money.

Corporations do not work that way.[/qutoe]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes corporations do it for economic benefits. So does the United States, different economic benefits. Let's have a hijack on the economic benefits of government deficit spending.

[ QUOTE ]
Now that I know what level of a playing field you are on, this will be my last response to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great mucho appreciated.