View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 05:45 PM

Default Re: stupid JJ hand from $2600

[ QUOTE ]
minraise puts me on life tilt.

I make a decision on the flop if I am going to continue with the hand. If I think that I am ahead I like the check-shove on the turn (especially on the total brick 5h turn)

I can't think of anything played well or even reasonably well that is limped UTG preflop and minraised on the flop that we beat so I have no problem with a flop fold. Then again, we have no reason to think that the villain plays well..

I also don't think a pf check is bad though I know it flies in the face of twoplustwo conventional wisdom.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isnt dude just some random donk? Also most good players won't minraise sets there, just as they won't minraise anything. So he's probably a moron, and who the heck knows what he has. But he has position and can take 2 free cards if we just call. Zero chance I allow that in a pot that is about 50% of effective stacks.

Btw if you plan to fold the turn or if you feel really strongly that you can gain some kind of information on the turn based on bet size stuff, then okay I guess it's not the worst thing ever to just call the flop. However if you think there's a good chance you will get all your money in, then I really think you must do it right away.