View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 11:34 PM

Default Re: The Future of Online Poker for \"Danger States\"

[ QUOTE ]
HI. I live in one of the "danger states" where poker is supposed to be illegal. Or i think it is. i guess nobody knows... anyways...

I'm hoping that everything stays the way it is right now so that i can keep playing...

Because i'm worried that if it's banned.. i won't be able to play
and if it's "legalized" the sites will block all users from my state.

am i wrong to think this way?

does anyone have any info on this or thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd recommend you work on changing the law in your state. Get with your PPA state director and see what you can do and how. It will be a struggle. I wish you well.

I hope you won't see IGREA or the Wexler bill as negatives with regard to the laws of your state. My opinion is that there really is no "status quo". What we have is a transient period between the passage of UIGEA and its implementation (it is the law now...I'm referring to the implementation of the regs). Once the regs are implemented, it's likely many sites will stop serving states with restrictions. Explicit federal legalization, however, will likely start a process where states will loosen things up, especially with regard to poker. It won't be overnight, of course, but some sort of federal licensing or oversight will help states approve poker.