Thread: Simple Question
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 01:35 AM

Default Re: Simple Question

Here I lead out for 1/2 to 2/3 closer to 2/3 pot bet on flop. Top set will probably push the action, everything else folds (I'm assuming decent play). You've got the most dangerous part of this relatively safe flop covered, so a raise of your flop bet will probably be fairly easy to comprehend. I think the downside of risking a raise and maybe deciding to bail on the flop raise is more than offset by the tone you're setting by dictating the action. It's probably hard to put this lead on something specific. It says I'm not afraid to bet into you, even though I don't know you, so if you wanna mess then you're going to have to bring the heat. A call of this bet is probably likewise easy to deal with on the turn. If you don't see a paired board, what can you fear aside from a LD+FD hitting (is 789x losing their mind here)? A non-club low leaves it up to your personal style I guess. I think a moderately bold flop lead boils this hand down to a thickish paste while the pot is still very manageable.