Thread: Stars 30 hu
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2007, 08:31 PM

Default Re: Stars 30 hu

[ QUOTE ]

basically everyone who plays hu sucks until you get to 1/2, then most people suck, youll find tough competition at 2/4 and 5/10, only thing is most of the time below 1/2 people are just trying to hit and run you, but if you can get them stuck, you are usually in a great spot although they often dont have much to lose(this is mostly refering to stars)

[/ QUOTE ]

In my opinion, there are some fairly tough players at 30-60 and 50-100 who could do reasonably well at 100-200 (or perhaps even higher). So why don't they move higher?

Maybe it's just that they matched up pretty well against me, but they haven't had as much success against other players? Perhaps I'm overrating these players...

There are a few reasons why a decent player might not want to move up: increased variance at higher limits, a more conservative approach to shot-taking, or they're just happy to play those lower limits without risking too much money.

I don't avoid playing people HU just because they have "won a lot" -- I'll have to play them a while before I get a feel of whether they match up well against me. There's a lot of ebb and flow involved, as I generally play by feel a lot, so I prefer to play long sessions. Although hit and runners don't bother me as much as they seem to bother other people (I generally consider them a slight annoyance).