View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 07:51 PM

Default Re: Slate.com on race and IQ

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Most of the work that is cited in that Slate article has been shown to be flawed methodologically.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn near every bit of social science has warts or worse. Some is fraudulent, some skewed by agenda. Some is withheld since it doesn't confirm (or rejects) the beloved PC hypothesis, as in the recent revelations regarding Robert Putman.

So when I look at any race/IQ research from the last 40 years I assume there exists pressure to conform, as academia rewards the small players when they do. I think that older research might sometimes include a racist taint as well. But so many trends have occured over and over, a critically thinking observer is going to reach similar conclusions to Saletan.

[/ QUOTE ]

Afraid not. You should read that earlier link and move on from there. This link is not specifically about the precise paper referenced by Saletan, but you should see the relevance.

More , more , more

Might want to check this out (Caste)

Another perspective

[/ QUOTE ]

You do understand that this is an intellectual shooting war. The concept of a black/white intelligence difference wasn't even argued in the negative until maybe 50 years ago.

Good news for your side. IQ is being deconstructed. Race is being deconstructed. All associated discussion is nearly a firing offense. Bravo.