View Single Post
Old 01-16-2007, 05:32 PM

Default Re: The Well: Adanthar (1/16/07)

[ QUOTE ]
do you have any control/influence at cake poker? coud you be hired as a consultant ala jurollo w/ stars? how often are there $600 average pots at the 5/10NL game?

[/ QUOTE ]

While I can own stock of a poker company in the US, I definitely cannot make business decisions while here. I can ask them to do things as a player and make bug reports, and they've been awesome with that, but to do anything else, first and foremost I'd have to leave the country (and, oh yeah, they'd have to want me to do it). Whether that will happen or not in the future...who knows.

[ QUOTE ]
I dropped out of school this past semester, and after living at home for a month have decided I'm going to move back to Dallas. I'll be supporting myself, at least for the first 3-4 months, playing low-limit SNGs at $25-30/hr.

Will I kill myself?

Do you have any advice for the next few months in general for me?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, first and foremost, I would never drop out of school for poker for the basic reason that, as I am living proof of, it is possible to do nothing in school and still get B's. Therefore, you may as well "go to college" and get a degree, even if you happen not to know what rooms your classes were in when the semester ends. If you can't do this, you're attending the wrong college (and it's entirely possible that you are)...but regardless, IMO, passing up all the perks of college for a whopping 30 bucks an hour is pretty lame*.

*in no small part because, yes, playing low level SNG's has been proven to cause insanity in lab mice.