View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 12:56 AM

Default Re: overhead

[ QUOTE ]
I've heard it so many times it makes me want to puke. People hold beliefs they think are true, but have not bothered to do their homework on the actual facts. These facts are readily apparent, accessible, clear and unambiguous, yet the ignorant keep making blanket statements such as:

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
That ridiculous "poker doesn't make money. Fact" post almost got me to respond, but the thread is getting huge. People may argue any point they wish, but if they don't back up what they say with something (facts, examples, opinions etc) then it's just hot air and wasted space.

[/ QUOTE ]

The original post references "actual facts" in name only. The original post offers a detailed analysis of a hypothetical card room.

I would disagree with the OP if the OP is claiming that what was offered in the original post were facts.

I would disagree with the OP that actual facts are "readily apparant" and "accessable". If by "actual facts" he simply means using logic to make educated guesses about things then these "actual facts" are easily obtained.

These are not "facts" though. These are speculation, opinion, argument, etc. and that's cool. I got no problem with such. I do have a problem when speculation, opinion, argument, etc. are held out to be "actual facts".

Again, if there are numbers that are out there on this issue (and I doubt there are), it would be a great resource to be able to see them.

This is a really good thread and an interesting topic.