View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 08:55 PM

Default Re: Man kills 2 People While 911 Is Telling Him Not To

[ QUOTE ]
waa - Let me get this straight. The man decided to be a highly responsible gun owner and educated himself about relevant Texas gun laws. He demonstrated this knowledge to the 911 dispatcher, repeatedly. Then all of a sudden he goes outside with the express intent of using his weapon in an unlawful manner. Riiiiiiiiight.

[/ QUOTE ]

I simply said I interpreted his statements to the operator to be him rationalizing shooting the men before going outside. Part of this rationalization process is assuring himself that he can legally shoot the men before doing.

So if he goes outside and uses his shotgun it will be in a lawful manner (and if he is not charged an apparently correct assumption).

As many others have mentioned he had called 911 and was on the phone for 6 minutes with a dispatcher who repeatedly told him to remain inside. The non-spontaneity of the act combined with what his perceived knowledge of the law (believing that he could likely kill the burglars legally) leads me to conclude that he went outside planning to shoot, not simply to detain them for the police to arrive.

That is why I find his actions despicable.