View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 02:40 PM

Default Re: Low Stakes Limit Game - Guy Hollywooding every hand

In Vegas in a cash game, I don't recall ever saying anything to anybody about such stuff. There's always another table to play somewhere close by.

In tourneys, it's sometimes a problem. When it's not a huge issue, it generally just gets tolerated. When it IS a real problem with one player ALWAYS taking unreasonable lengths of time, anybody can try to correct it.

In a Mirage tourney eons ago the approach one person took at our table was to just call time on the guy pre-flop after he'd taken 20 seconds for the 10th time in a row. Each hand he'd call for a clock, first after 15 seconds, then 10 seconds, then finally the instant it was the slowpoke's action we heard "CLOCK!" Table got a laugh out of that one and FINALLY the player got the message and did start acting pre-flop within a few seconds.

I've seen dealers use polite and/or humorous comments to speed up a player. And I've seen dealers just break down and spell it out... this is NOT the WSOP, there are NO TV cameras, you did not pay $10,000 to enter the event, and you only have two cards to think about---ACT, DAMMIT!

Whatever works.