Thread: Guitar Hero III
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 08:12 PM

Default Re: Guitar Hero III

[ QUOTE ]
Alt strumming kills me also. There are few songs on Medium that even need alt-strumming, so you hardly ever have to use it. But going to Hard means a lot of alt-strumming.

I'm still doing the transition from Medium to Hard. So if you want some Medium songs to practice alt-strum with, try Raining Blood. (Even then, my best score on that song is with strict down strumming). If you have GH2, Hangar 18 and Monkey Wrench are also alt strumming songs on Medium. (though again, my high score on both those songs are with strict down strums).

For those getting used to the different hand position required for Hard, try Sunshine of Your Love. The main verse riff basically requires your index finger on Red, so it should be good practice for keeping your fingers up there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the best thing to do with getting good at alt-strumming is to not care about the score, and just play the whole songs alt-strumming

you'll play worse for a while(I went from FCing medium songs to hitting like 95-7% for a few hours of play before reaching the same level alt-strumming as down-strumming) but the end result will be a much easier time on the tougher songs on hard/expert

triplets like in Raining blood/Barracuda are much easier altstrumming