View Single Post
Old 09-08-2007, 08:03 PM

Default Re: Official review thread, Bond18, Tilt $75

Hand 131: I find this hand to be interesting. I kinda hate calling with that hand OOP against a guy who's opened a ton, but I our stacks are terrible for a reraise because it would likely have to be reraise/fold, which is usually awful. Good fold to the squeeze, I think. Is there any range that you're calling the button raise with AND shoving on the squeeze?

Yea stacks are just so god awful to 3 bet here, as i learned in a post i recently made in HSMTT. I might do this with AK/AA and then jam over his reraise, but honestly i'm likely just 3 betting AK pre.

Hand 132: Is the bet on the flop for value, bluff, or protection? I auto-defaulted to checking these flops when I have a smaller pair, but then I find myself in so many sticky spots on the turn and river, even with position.

Basically, i'm firing just one bullet on this flop. He either has an A and is going to call/raise and i shut down, or doesn't and i fold. In theory it's a, dare i say it, BET FOR INFORMATION!!!

Hand 139: I assume the plan is lead/fold. I kinda like leading here, especially into 2 people because its less likly you're FOS. HU though, do you check/call vs. the raiser?

Yea i like the lead to. Um, HU, idk, i guess chk/call 1? IDK i suck OOP, i'll go hassle NoahSD with that.

Hand 152: LOVE the flop smoothcall. I'd play it the same exact.

Yep, no reason to stop him from spewing into me with some hopeless hand.

Hand 184: Not sure I get this hand. Was your plan all along to limp/reraise? Had he been raising your limps a lot (doesn't seem like it)? We have to know we have like zero FE once he makes it >4BBs PF vs. a limper. Isn't a more effective way to get it in PF to just open from the SB?

This is basically a reaction to the players at this level. Not a lot of guys at this buy in resteal very light, so if i raise and he jams i'd prolly have to hate life and fold. However, plenty of guys will just raise limpers in their BB, which i can then jam over and normally be ahead of his range. Sometimes they'll even fold.

Hand 191: I'd just fold UTG with QTo here.

We were near the bubble. I refuse to fold anything near the bubble.

Hand 196: I play the same. What if UTG+1 made it 4BBs PF instead of 2.5BBs? What's the play then?

Prolly fold, he was kind of tight and 4X is a tighter range.

Hand 203: I'd probably just fold this PF because you've been hammering this guy all tourney and I'd want a real hand to do it to him again.

I believe this was on the exact money bubble.

Hand 210: Hmmmm. We're getting over 4:1 PF. Is it awful that I'd probably see a flop here even though we're likely crushed?

Your getting min reraised here by like, QQ+/AK. If you hit your J you might get stubborn and stack off. If you hit your A he'll often shut down or stack you with AK. I used to get stubborn and be like "MIN RAISE ME WILL YOU YOU [censored] ASS!? I CALL!" and then i'd get stacked.

Hand 229: Interesting PF spot, IMO. Is shoving terrible?

Def not, i thought it over. I think it ended up just being my image, but i bet MikeJ could crunch numbers and show me why pushing>folding there.

Hand 232: Gotta love the ol' smoothcall from the guy closing the action on the river with the nuts. LOL.

And you wonder how i win tournaments?

Hand 240: Another interesting spot. I think this is closer to a fold than people think because I would have THOUGHT that our FE was basically zero (apparently I was wrong), but I still shove too.

Yea i know, how did i EVER get two folds here!??!

Hand 244: Mighta shoved here. Close. AQ I'm definitely shoving.

Agreed, it's so close.

Well-played overall, gg.