Thread: Storms
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2007, 11:58 AM

Default Storms

I've been fascinated by weather for as long as I can remember. I enjoy sitting on my porch while it's raining outside, watching lightning in the distance, but most of all I love trying to find tornadoes. Anytime that there's a tornado warning within 45 miles of where I live, I jump in a vehicle and try and see it.

Yesterday just such a thing happened. I got caught on a bikeride in the rain, and within a few seconds I heard the tornado sirens go off. I hurried home, and told my roomate we had to go. I checked the radar, the there was a pretty defined hook echo sw of where we live traveling directly east. We hurried due south to try and get on the southern side of it to get out of the rain and get a better view.

We got out of the rain just in time to see this

, but were unable to see any tornadoes on the ground this time. Kinda blurry pic I know, but it was still impressive IRL.

Are there others of you who get a thrill trying to see impressive feats of storms? I've seen a couple tornadoes on the ground, and I love it. Have others of you witnessed them with your own eyes?

edit: don't know why I can't make the pic any bigger, stupid camera phone