View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 04:38 PM

Default Re: Anyone have a good experience meeting a pro at the WSOP?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Had great experience. Met Ivy, Dan G, Jen harman, Fossilman, Williams, Chan, Bigler, Hachem and Chris F. Got autographs from all of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can SOMEONE please, please explain what the F an autograph does for them? Do you take it home and use it to prove to people that you actually met a "famous" person? Do your friends not trust your anecdotes or something?

Or is your taste in home decorating so absurdly abismal that you use framed autographs as wallpaper?

These "celebrities" have a very finite amount of time to spend with their fans. If you're so awe-struck to begin with, I suggest you spend your limited time talking with them. You know, actually speak and hold a memorable conversation, if it's possible. And I don't care if you accomplished this along with the autograph.

The whole process is not just juvenile; it's embarrassing and pointless. If you sell the autograph on e-Bay, it's all the more demeaning to all involved.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people like them. Some people like other stuff I don't like/get, but my gut doesn't twist when somebody has a Bud Light and my skin doesn't bleed when an autograph gets signed, so I get by.

[/ QUOTE ]

damn, yeah, bud light, wtf.