View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 02:39 PM

Default Re: Homosexuality and natural selection

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What I can't figure out is how sexual pleasure derived from being on the receiving end of anal sex evolved. Is there an evolutionary benefit to taking it up the bum (applies to both men and women)? And how could something like that evolve from a simple mutation?

[/ QUOTE ]

For men its just about stimulating the prostate gland, which gives a much more powerful orgasm. You don't anal sex for that, but I guess it is one way. So obv pleasure seeking.

And I as I was browsing through wikipedia to check out my facts (I wisely decided not to use google for this one), I came across cited surveys that tell far from all gay men have anal intercourse. So there.

[/ QUOTE ]

As the resident 2+2 expert on anal sex, there is more to anal sex than the stimulation of the prostate. I love anal sex, but I'm fairly apathetic to prostate stimulation (it is NOT a "male g-spot")

Anal sex shouldn't surprise people that much. Everyone here knows the intense physical pleasure of a good bowel movement. Anal sex pleasure is in many ways like that, although my use of that metaphor is probably not going to help promote sodomy here :P