View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 03:03 AM

Default Re: WCOOP threads???

Did the lawyers receive a request or threat from ANYONE about the thread?
Or did they just look at the thread themselves, get uncomfortable with it, and then take it down?

Either way I think this was a really lame decision.
I can't say for sure though because I hadn't kept up with the thread up until it was removed. But aren't there a whole lot of things on 2+2 forums that are roughly the same danger-level as that thread?

As mentioned before, Stars themselves was using that thread to communicate with their players so it appears they didn't have a problem with it....so why should 2+2's lame-o lawyers?

We already have plenty of speculative threads about "so-and-so is a cheater" and "so-and-so stole my money".
Even printing names and personal info of people who scam other players on this site.
Maybe some of that stuff gets removed also...but a lot of it seems to remain and seems to be just fine.

This is a huge story.
Stars themselves admitted in the thread that the winner was not going to receive his prize because he multi-accounted. But somehow were not allowed to talk about it?
Ha ha, when repeating that info right now I just thought, "Oh my gosh...i can't say how much he won or what his name was because maybe that will be going too far" even though we already know those things.