View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 11:43 PM

Default Re: Turn AA into a bluff?

I called certain I now did not have the best hand. I do not believe there is any card that can come to actually give me the best hand. At best, I am drawing to an ace to beat 2 pair (hoping it does make give him the nut straight) or the board to pair without giving villain a full house.

Instead, I call thinking there are several cards that can come off on the river allowing me to bluff him off the best hand, primarily because I have nut blockers. He can not have the nut flush draw. It is possible he has the nut straight draw, but that is much less likely, as I have two of the aces, and he minraises the turn, representing an already made hand. I do not think this opponent would in a million years call the flop and minraise the turn with a gutter. For the same logic, I deduce he can not consider AQcc a made hand, as I already have the Ace. The only hand I think I should worry about having no concerns calling a push on the river is Q10cc, but against villain I think a call on the turn and a minraise on the river do not match this hand at all.

At this point, I think it likely he has 2 pair but more likely he has J10, as he would have raised (even the donk minraise) on the flop with 2 pair.

When the river peels off a Jack of clubs I believe there are several hands that fit my action that now beat him (such as Axcc, including AQcc) and several hands he can not have. If he has J10, at best it includes the 10 of clubs.

Whatever he has, he can't have anything close to the nuts and feel comfortable about calling off his money...

Unless, as several suggest, he thinks I am spewing, or just shouts and kicks himself for getting sucked out on yet again because he has to call OMG I CAN'T LAY DOWN A STRAAAAAAAAIGHT...