View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 02:27 PM

Default Re: Social Darwinism and Morals

[ QUOTE ]
Here in Finland we had this guy that went to shoot 8 people in the name of natural selection, and then himself.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's no different than shooting people in the name of the uncertainty principle, or in the name of the inflationary period after the big bang. In other words, it's sheer lunacy.

[ QUOTE ]
He decided he had abandoned slave morality and created himself a master morality which is based on natural selection. He also described this as "going through synthesis and becoming an overman". (He also said he had "refined" some of Nietzsche's ideas, so he seems to define an overman as someone who creates his own morality and thinks about philosophy and existentialism.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, raving lunacy.

[Yet more lunacy snipped for brevity.]

[ QUOTE ]
However, when he went to do the shooting, it seems that he started to feel pity for the victims, he shot a few first and then started to let people live, he also didn't shoot nearly all his bullets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems as though his mentally ill brain still harbored the remnants of his humanity, which somewhat came to fore when he started killing people.

[ QUOTE ]

Now it seems to me that the big logical problem here is, that he only thought he had achieved this "master morality", when truely he had not and was really thinking like he used to deep inside. Is this a valid argument?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have a clue what you are trying to say, or what is your argument here. I will say it's silly to attempt to deconstruct any logical "reasons" for this act, or from the deranged ranting of this type of killer.