View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 04:12 PM

Default Re: ***SSNL LIFE THREAD NOV***

[ QUOTE ]
Overpopulation is this planets biggest problem, yet it never gets talked about. Telling someone they shouldn't have children just totally freaks people out. Most people ARE selfish in this aspect. People just won't look at the big picture WHEN IT IS SO [censored] OBVIOUS THAT THIS IS WHAT IS KILLING THE [censored] PLANET.

This lady might be a whacko, but I personally decided a long time ago never to have children for this reason. (and cuz I just don't want kids [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] very annoying imo)

[/ QUOTE ]
Pretty much all of us live in countries with falling populations. The solution to these people's problems is to nuke China and India.

Their solution is ridiculous because they need everyone to agree. There is very little that everyone in the world can agree on. Therefore what you have to do is find a system that takes advantage of that and finds an equilibrium somewhere along the way.

Oh, and I just thought: Presumably the idea of not breeding has a genetic component. Therefore, they should have a lot of children so that the next generation doesn't breed instead - if they can have two children who think the same thing, and they get married but don't have children, aren't we all better off? That'd be four fewer children instead of two. Their plan is awful on pretty much every level.