View Single Post
Old 09-15-2007, 02:19 AM

Default Re: 300nl - Trying to induce a river bluff...

I really feel anyone saying to bet/fold the river here is being kind of results oriented. A million draws missed, and if he was just *flat calling* that drawy flop with a made hand, it's very likely his made hand is weak and can't call 3 streets. Also, with those stats, this guy seems quite likely to bluff.

It's a clear check/call IMO, it's just the last thing we expected here was an overbet shove. He bets 75 on the end, or even pots it for 95, I snapcall and feel good about how the money went in. The overbet obviously changes the situation, since it's a pretty rare situation.

River overbets are generally a nuts/air situation. I mean, no one is really going to be overbet shoving the river with a lone pair of queens they picked up trying to make it look like a bluff and induce a hero call. In general, he's either got something huge, or he's got nothing.

There's tons of nothing we beat - any busted flush or straight draw being the vast majority of it.

Better two pair: Unlikely, maybe QcTc
Sets: You'd think he'd raise the flop in position multiway with this sketchy board. Still possible tho. This guy might not 3bet TT preflop with those stats, and could easily get to the river this way with TT and then pull this. Probably the main hand I'm worried about if I'm beat.

Straights: Again I'd think he'd have raised somewhere, but it's not impossible.

So, yah - there's some flukey stuff out there that you lose to for sure, but this guy very loose and is super aggro on the river and the tons of different ways he could have air seem more likely than the ways he beats you here. Think you gotta make the call.