View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 06:36 PM

Default Re: Quitin time for Doyle

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I love how this one hand defines the people who understand poker and those that dont.

I strongly suspect anyone disagreeing with Doyles play has never played above 25NL or their weekly home game - if they even play the game.

Best post in thread
[ QUOTE ]
i dont know why doyle is betting the turn just to fold to a raise. with that mind set, he should just check behind and call a river bet by gold.[ QUOTE ]

LMFAO.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea pretty much exactly my thoughts. If you cant figure out why Doyle folds here you might never get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

never get it? who got out played there?

there is a read on the flop by doyle that you guys are over looking. doyle wasnt sure about his hand on the turn, so he bet to get information and found out he was beat......good play.

all i'm saying is that if you're not sure about your hand because of a read on the flop.......and your going to fold to a check raise on the turn.......then why bet?

you guys are mostly dumbass internet players. your reads are based on stats and timing. replay the hand and watch what happens when jamie check calls the flop. look at doyles reaction. theres something he's not sure about.

most of you guys are too math oriented and thats fine. it is correct to bet the turn.......not if there is a read and your not sure though.

its simple, your not sure so check behind, jamie bets probably 25k on the river and you call and win the pot. i dont like the play either my fellow dumbass's but if in doubt.....check......not bet. why do you think doyle was so willing to fold the hand? he had a read that stemmed from the flop.

doyle finds out later he was out played and gets steamed up. yeah, thats some real good poker. i thought doyle can tell what someone has just by looking into a mans eyes. i guess jamie is such a dumbass that he thought he had the best hand and doyle read him right.......good play.

[/ QUOTE ]

You cant assume Doyle read Gold as strong on the flop - he was probably just computing Golds range at that point, maybe wondering what to have for dinner later that day, who knows.

The thing is on the turn he finds himself holding the 3rd nuts and needs to get value from one of the weaker players on the table. He bets, and then Gold goes into a big speach where he basically announces he has a big hand.

When Gold raises Doyle cannot see that as a raise of 100k (or whatever, i cant remember the figure) but its also a further amount on the river at least equal to the raise, probably an all in.

His line is 100% perfect and is an awesome example of where live play differs from online play. Where you are incorrect in your analysis is that you are being results orientated.

As has been stated Doyle overestimated what Gold would see as "uber strength", and as someone stated Barry underestimated what Gold had and would have gone broke with a worse flush. Its interesting that neither of them were right in their reads but they were wrong in opposing directions.

Anyway, im not touching on the Gold hate, im done with all that BS and i like the guy; even though he is a rough player.