View Single Post
Old 05-21-2007, 09:59 PM

Default Help me figure the math

OK, home game Saturday, I will try to get this right, there were a lot of chemicals out there. Playing $.25/$.50 NL Hold 'em. Play with this group a bit, so I have a fairly solid read on the regulars. Pre-Flop, there are 7 people in the hand. I am in the cutoff. UTG Limps, player 2 goes all-in for 15.00, give or take .50. Player 3 looks at his hand, and tanks for about a minute, and calls. Player 4 insta calls. I look down at my cards and see 45s. Behind me I notice the button eyballing his chips. I think for a bit and figure, at this point there is 46.25 in the pot, with the button and blinds to act. I had 16.50, so I push instead of call. Needless to say, the button and nlinds fold as does UTG.
Here is where I thought I was based on my observation.
Player 2 - AA or JJ, he has a tendancy to play these hands identical and push in.
Player 3 - AQ or AJ, he is a semi-loose player and for him to think so hard, he figured he was on overcards.
Player 4 - AK, I was fairly square on him, he figured he was getting odds.
Like I said, by this time, There was 46.25 in the pot, with the players 3 and for callng another 1.50 each in a side pot of 4.50, with a main pot of 61.25.
Was I getting the right odds? Was this a horrible call? I will post the results after, but I want to look at this from a mathmatical and read view first. Please, no flaming, sincere help.