View Single Post
Old 09-03-2007, 01:39 PM

Default Re: Pokerstars Theme (free]

I am interested in making a card mod, maybe theme too. I spent some time looking at the files, but haven't downloaded these mods or experimented much yet.

The way stars makes decks it seems weird to me.. like it pieces together different images of the main face with the little pip and the Q,2,7, or whatever?

I might make a hyper-simple type theme of my own for multitabling, but I was more interested in a "fancy" one like the default for when I am just focused on one table. If you look at the file layout for 'default' it is different than 'simple' because it has a single deck image in the root folder instead of 7 different ones in the 0-6 folders.

I would probably just be making this for my own use so I can just mess with files for the '3 folder' or whatever works for the size I usually have my tables?

Anyhow... If you look at the 'cardbase' images in the default folders you see those rectangles... I guess that is some guide to take a certain 47x91 slice of the basic deck image and interpolate/extrapolate it for that card size?

How does the program know how to do this? Is it programmed into some encrypted file we can't mess with? If like you say it replacing the simple cards you start with, maybe I won't be able to accomplish what I want.

I have a whole ton of base images from some other weird program I never used with weird decks... not going to try to recreate these decks or anything.. but if I wanted to do something like this do you think that I can pull it off?

I have a lot of experimenting to do obviously and I will update when I have time to work later.