View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007, 06:05 PM

Default Re: Just saw Halloween (no spoilers)

[ QUOTE ]
And it was pretty [censored] awesome. I was really excited when I heard Rob Zombie was going to be directing the picture, and IMO he really delivered. Though in all honesty I was skeptical that the early look at Michael Myers would humanize him a bit too much, but all of that was tossed out in short time. The movie was EXTREMELY intense (saw a pretty decent amount of boobies too), and while it paralleled the original a decent enough amount, it wasn't so much that you could say "ah I've seen the first one,no reason to see this one", but enough so that you could recall specific lines and scenes from the original.

There were a couple of twists, but I won't discuss them here. If you're a fan of the series (disregarding 3,6 and on), or even just Rob Zombie, then you're definitely gonna wanna check it out. I won't claim that this movie is going to win any Academy Awards, but if you're like me and wanna spend your $7 to be thoroughly entertained/thrilled for 2 hours then this movie rates a 4.5-5/5 on my scale. There's also a preview for Saw 4 which is gonna be released Oct. 26, which I thought was cool

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree completely. H1 is my favorite horrow movie and i was pumped that zombie got to throw his twist on it.

he did a damn fine job, i was very impressed since i'm pretty hardcore about carpenter's version.