View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 08:21 PM

Default Re: Call of Duty 4 for PC

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Processor Speed doesn't have very much to do with overall quality and speed of your system, the newer the processor/motherboard the faster your system will be regardless of the clock speed(however, it does matter a lot when choosing between individual processors of the same make/model but your money is much better spent upgrading your RAM).

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont understand what you are trying to say here. More or faster RAM isn't going to help him with the game.

A faster processor will always have an affect, RAM will only affect up to a certain point,usually 1-2GB is more than enough and adding more won't help your system at all while a faster clock speed on the same processor family will always show results.

Even with Vista Ultimate the banchmarks I have seen show no improvement in most benchmarks above 1GB of RAM but show dramatic changes by upgrading the processor to high clock frequency and faster bus speed.

[/ QUOTE ]
eh...I was pretty confusing... I was trying to something to the effect of:
-Intel Core 2>Pentium 4 regardless of clock speed(I think...could be wrong but recently Intel has stopped trying to make the fastest clock speeds on earth and make there processors better overall)
-the ~$200 jumps for .2Ghz are in some cases better spent(ie. RAM when it comes to gaming) IMO