Thread: Crazy Pineapple
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2007, 06:25 PM

Default Re: Crazy Pineapple

[ QUOTE ]
Glad you enjoyed the article.

My thinking on Hand 2-2 is that the small blind's check and then call on the flop shows weakness and could come from weaker aces, pocket pairs, and draws like 56. If the small blind had bet first or check raised, then I'd be a bit more concerned about two pair or the straight.

Good question though. If the small blind was a tricky/good player, his line could be a strange slowplay. Against a tighter player, you would start worrying more about that call coming from a scared AQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good points. In some of these games, flopping a big hand precipitates an automatic wait for a bigger betting round (I assume we are playing limit here), so the first thought to run through my paranoid mind was that he had a monster. He could have a draw like 56 or A2, or a crummy Ace. If he does have one of those hands, shucking the Jack won't help me. Buzz has be convinced that it will, so I'm convinced both ways. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I've played a lot of NL and PL CP, so I tend to see a monster behind every tree in this situation.

[ QUOTE ]
For Hand 3-2, Mr. Tight's UTG raise is 100% of the time from an AAT+ suited hand. You would be calling hoping to flop a 7Tx, an 89x or two or more clubs. Something like 7c7sAc would make a better hand to pick off Mr. Tight's aces from the blinds.

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad. I should have read Mr. Tight's description better. I like to play CP with hold 'em players who will raise AA-JJ here. Of course there are hands I would rather have, but still, I'm getting 5:1 and I can't be worse than a 3:1 dog here.

Again, great article.