View Single Post
Old 05-02-2007, 04:32 PM

Default Re: My first contract hit

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I'm interested in the life coaching thing. I might need some coaching.

Then again, if being a life coach consists of advising my clients to put a contract out on a woodpecker, maybe I should become a life coach myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have showtime check out the penn and teller bullsh*t episode where they discuss life coaching. Freaking hillarious.

Greg

[/ QUOTE ]i didn't like their argument that much. I mean, life coaching isn't some profound art, but it's just like having a good motivational secretary to stay on top of you and some people that really lack in this department can really benefit.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah that seems to be the biggest benefit. i'm highly motivated and already have plans for the next few years for money/better health/less stress/working towards work being optional, and for doing things that interest me, so the long-term benefits of life coaching aren't clear. however, first session she got me to fix two annoyances immediately. i figure life's annoying enough that next month she'll point out a couple more. after that who knows.

the general concept appears to be solution-oriented problem solving. identify it, fix it, next problem. i like that approach. no excuses. just suck it up and get it done. in my case, outsource vaporizing a woodpecker.