View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 03:07 PM

Default Re: Middle pair, ass end & BDFD . . . dump it?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Easy muck on the turn getting 4.5:1 and with more potential action.

[/ QUOTE ]
Really? Even with 9 probable outs and potentially 12? Or does the sudden turn donkraise convince you that some of our outs are dead?

[/ QUOTE ]

The flop call -> turn raise is very scary on this board because it means you're probably behind a pretty big hand. The coldcall is bad because it means that some of your outs are either tainted or held by your opponent. Optimistically, I'd give you 8-10 outs here, but really I'd look at this and suggest 6-8 outs is much more reasonable.

And when it's otherwise close, call for one and fold for two.

[/ QUOTE ]
You don't think my flush outs are good? I don't think anyone's donking it up with a flush draw here, though the SB playing call-a-lot is worrisome. But what diamond draw could he possibly have that would call the flop bet? 8x[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and 9x[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and that's about it.

I think all my flush outs are always good, which gives us an eight-out minimum. (It would be nine, but 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] could boat someone up, so I'll throw it out.) Add up all the fractions of outs from whatever else and I think 8-10 is more than reasonable.

As played, how do you handle this river?