View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 10:44 AM

Default Re: TPGK faces aggro

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

anyway, c/ring here will get us that info

[/ QUOTE ]

lol?

i thought aussie battler purged this "raise for info" from the micros for good? yet it still shows up?

[/ QUOTE ]

i knew that i was going to get this response. don't be mistaken, when you act, you get information. with each action that you take, you get more information. acting PURELY for information is a losing play. taking an action that will allow you to lose the least when you're behind and gain the most when you're ahead BECAUSE of additional information is a strong, winning play. like the one i advocate.

[ QUOTE ]
pls stop raising for info and pick a line that loses you least when behind wins you the most when ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

lose the least- c/r, call 3-bet. c/f turn. 1.5 bets. c/c,c/c,c/c (or b/f)- lose 2.5 bets. that's 1 bet. that's a huge difference in terms of winning vs. losing poker.

gain the most- c/r, opponent calls. that's 1 bet right there. depending on his hand, you're either going to get 3 or 2 or 1. weight the hand ranges and i think that you'll average a little over 2 bets. granted, that's a little less than c/c, c/c, c/c suggests. but if you're ahead, then he's likely not to bet the river. so in truth, they're about equal (most of the time).

but what distinguishes my play is that BECAUSE of more information, you're able to lose a significant amount less than blindly allowing your opponent to control the initiative and hand dynamic.

[ QUOTE ]
you cant raise for info here. any info you get is not 100% reliable and if you have 5 outs it would be bad to fold until the river anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think a c/r getting 3-bet here by a pf 3-bettor is pretty reliable. of course, not everything in poker is 100%. but that's a pretty damn strong signal.

holla