Thread: 1/2 98 hand
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2007, 08:56 PM

Default results

i am indifferent to villain's checkraise here though i suspect it is going to be a losing play because there really aren't that many hands he can get value from, A5, A4, Q5s, 66, 77, 88 mainly i think as opposed to legit hands i could have on this river like bigger pocket pairs, sets, and various kings. given his flop donk i put a lot of weight into a pair for his range, so i wouldn't bet the river with Ace high. given our history together i think his best play would be to bet and hope i call with Ace high (i may or may not) or worse pairs (i definitely would). i would almost never bluff-raise the river vs this guy because he is very adept at making big calls. i'm not sure how much i like it more than check-calling though because it really depends on how much i would fold ace high to a bet (i would almost always bet weaker made hands too).

anyways i had pocket QQ and i really really really wanted to 3-bet the river because i didn't think he'd get so passive that quickly with a pair on the flop especially with an ace-gutter out there but i hadn't really seen him donk draws too much so i put a lot of weight into two pair here, like 95 or 94. so i just called and felt a little girly afterwords.