View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 07:14 PM

Default Re: Entrepreneurship vs Education

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How do you explain this type of life, if it does happen, to those around you or those you just meet?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't explain my life to people who cannot grasp nor understand.

I only go into deep conversation about my life and my views about life with other entrepreneurs.

One summer I had a host of family members come over and the more I spoke with them, the more my mind was being polluted with "career", "get a job", "finish your degree" garbage. It took a full month to recover from the damage.

Surround yourself with more entrepreneurs and you won't have to second guess what direction your life will be.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is these emotional products of the situation that are the problem. Lets say, you "finished" your degree or whatever, only for the sake of ridding your life of such talk, would not that increase overall utility? Now, lets say you did it not JUST for that, but also because there are benefits. For example with the law degree, what you can learn, the credibility you earn, the fallback you have if anything goes wrong or astray etc...is that not worth it then?

The first reply to this thread, as funny as it was, was pretty spot on I think...The most EV is probably trying to balance both in some way.

Still, is law something that can really benefit you later on in ventures outside of the career itself? I hear a lot of yes answers to this question from many people, but, I've never really seen it broken down or analyzed much.