View Single Post
Old 09-23-2007, 03:35 PM

Default Re: New D&B Shorthanded book.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This book covers how shorthanded games really play in the real world. In reality, the super aggressive internet games are totally different from how some of the older books perceived short tables. I love some of the examples in this book. eg: Here is one of their quiz questions:

"Q. The cutoff raises and you call with Js7s in the big blind. The flop is Qs6s2h. You check and the cutoff bets. Do you have pot odds to call?

A. Who cares? Most of the time, this hand won't go to showdown. You'll raise the flop and bet the turn hoping to take down the pot. Even if the cutoff has something you likely have 15 outs to improve (nine flush cards plus any non-spade jack or seven). Just calling down, hoping to hit your draw is terrible poker."

Gold.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahha i am buying this book just based on this quote

[/ QUOTE ]

That is hilarious.
I had only skimmed the thread the first time through and had to re-read that OP was seriously referring to this passage as 'gold' and wasn't saying it sarcastically.

The book might be okay. I don't really know. But this passage isn't evidence of it having potential to be one of the best poker books ever.