Thread: Down swings
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 11:27 AM

Default Re: Down swings

[ QUOTE ]
one thing i noticed among how i react and any other profesionaly poker player i know a downswing is so tough mentally to overcome to some losing 100 bucks will cause them to go higher and higher to win it back others will just be pissed off until the ship gets turned around ive had a 3 month period in which ive lost 15k but all of my poker friends call me crazy since i keep a roll of 20k still on stars and i mostly 12 table 50-1 so im way overrolled for what i play... but alot of poker is about confidence and being ok with what you lose or win in a day 2 sessions ago i played 2 tables of 5-10 and lost about 8k all in all it hurt i won back half of what i lost that day on all different stakes... but for all people there will come a point in which losing x dollars just really hurts and it wont matter how good you are at the game if you dont come up with a plan to help deal with it prior to i myself get upset when i lose 1-2k or more it hurts me 100x more then when ive won the supernova freeroll or got into the wsop from a fpp qualifier id suggest to come up with some goals to hit and just realize that everyone goes through bad runs the best players have a way to avoid tilting and making it effect there game... im hoping to get on that level(:

[/ QUOTE ]

Funnily enough, you aren't easy2read. Maybe you should buy some commas with your 20k bankroll.