View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 10:32 AM

Default Re: Wanted: Sympathy and Reassurance After Two Weeks of Hell!

Good stuff, hra and Sink.

To put things in perspective, I'd saved enough from my last job (which was well paid but seriously dull and stressful) to last me for 6-9 months whilst I dedicate my time to poker. I'm keeping my living costs to a minimum (not easy in London, but possible) and I'm not expecting to be living the high life anytime soon. Averaging anything close to $4,000 per month in my first year would be a great success from my point of view.

With hindsight and knowledge/experience, $6K was clearly a small bankroll to start with but the poker gods' help in getting that to $20K has been a blessing. However, I totally accept the points made by you and other 2+2ers that I really need to get more hands in per month.

Sinks' point about studying is also a good one. I do take time off, but I also spend a fair bit of time when I'm not online on other poker-related stuff (compiling notes on players, reading poker literature and, now, posting more on 2+2). I even go running to keep myself fit (mentally and physically) and often spend that time thinking over hands I played earlier that day.

Your final, positive note is appreciated: Motivation and effort are not lacking but more experience and sound advice from other 2+2 ers is what I really need now!