View Single Post
Old 10-13-2006, 11:55 AM

Default Re: 2/4 stud hi, 6th street action!??

wow... at first i thought this was a pretty straighforward hand... but the more i think abt it the more confused i get... maybe i'm thinkin too much again... smone pls put me out of my misery!

anyway... let's start on 3rd street... if the table is loose and passive then i've got no problem limpin here... 2 hearts are dead, true, but i think enuff 4th street cards can come good to justify callin just the bring-in. however, noone limped after you... maybe not as loose as u thought? either way, we see 4th for no raises so i'm still happy!

4th seems pretty standard, but i'm startin to wonder abt villains hand... wat does he need to call here? everythg? 3 flush? a pair? or does it mean 4th helped him? we have no reads on him so let's just move on...

5th, this is the street that really gets me... our board improves... but we get raised!!? wat does villain think we have!? most likely, he thinks we have exactly wat we have; a pair of 2's with a 4 flush... so his raise doesn't really have to be a str8... he might just wanna charge us to draw... also a 5 and 2 8's are gone... i still think villains most likely hand is a 3 flush on 3rd so i guess he could have the 8 of spades in the hole... but... could he have 99 in the hole or 98? wat abt AA/KK? hey! u said the table was loose and passive...

then we make open trips! i think we have to bet here, mainly cos he can't really raise us... and we've got a ton of outs to beat a str8 if that's wat villain has. i'm still kinda worried abt trip 9's...

7th... confusion/mayhem mania! bartholow says to check 100% and then raise improved, mrbaa says bet out improved... i can see the reasonin, but i dun really like either, so i guess i'm screwed!... can't bet, can't check! lol

say we improve... if we bet, villain will call with a str8 and raise us if we're beat. if we check, i'm gonna assume villain will bet most of the time and if we raise, he might smtimes lay down a str8, and definitely anythg worse... and we'll still get reraised if we're up against 9's full.

say we're stuck with trip 2's, we can't expect villain to lay down anything that beats us if we bet... so we can't bet... if we check, we can again assume villain will bet most of the time. i dunno how often this'll be a bluff, but probably not often enuff. so we can't really check/call, leavin us with check/fold. but wat if we raise? he'll again reraise us if he can beat 2's full... and maybe he'll lay down a str8 some of the time, but if he's got higher trips, he's probably gonna fold.

so i reckon i would check/raise the river 100% of the time, improvement or no.