View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 11:14 AM

Default Re: For Dissection....2008 Red Sox Roster........

[ QUOTE ]

Manny would play right field for the Bombers, methinks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Manny would move from an easier position to a more difficult one. When he can barely cover the second-easiest defensive position in baseball already. Right. And this will all happen because Scott Boras is out there with his crazy machinations. Sure.

Myrtle I appreciate that you are a nice, patient guy about this, but you don't know a [censored] thing about baseball if you really think any of these things are remotely likely.

What 'offends' me about dumping Lugo and his salary is that management won't do it. They won't sink $350MM+ into a left side of the infield with an average age of 34, then eat another $30MM of Lugo's money when he's at a low point in his value and they'd have to beg somebody to take him. If they do all this and bring Schilling back next year, their payroll would be what, $180MM? What are you, a Yankees fan?

We just won a WS by being patient with our youth movement, bringing along our own draft picks and focusing on pitching. Now you want to immediately go out and spend a third of a [censored] billion dollars on overpriced veteran hitters?

Seriously, give up your season tickets, move to the [censored] Bronx and see if the Steinbrenners will let you sit in their box. You'd fit right in. Thank god Theo and the rest of the FO don't think the way you do, or we'd probably still have Pedro instead of Buchholz, Cabrera instead of Ellsbury, and Johnny Damon limping around the outfield.