View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 04:10 AM

Default Re: ATo in BB - simple flop question

[ QUOTE ]
A friend and I were discussing this hand today.

Generic scenario - let's assume you've just sat down to a full ring table on Full Tilt.

You have A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the BB.
UTG+1 limps.
MP3 limps.
Button limps.
You check.

Flop is T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

What do you do and why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not enough options given. You would like to check raise a late position bettor to make it two bets to others and knock them out. If the first player to your left bets then you are better off calling and donking the turn as those who called will then put another bet in, making the pot bigger and reducing their error of calling on the turn. By just calling you magnify their error by reducing their pot odds when you bet the turn.

This is online so you should have some stats. If one of the early players is aggressive I'd bet out on the flop and hope to get raised, knocking out the later players. If the early players have low aggression ratings and the late player is like 3.0, I'd go for the check raise.