View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 03:41 PM

Default Re: Stars: A Day Without Shortstacking Ratholers

There is nothing wrong per se with shortstacking; it's a valid, profitable way of exploiting other people's play, whether the other people are fish or strong players, and it's not against the rules. The fact that everyone is allowed to shortstack means it's not 'unfair' - what a ridiculous word to use - whether it is helpful to the game or not is another question.

Just to prove my point, in some parts of yorkshire (this is 2nd hand but can be corroborated) the all-in underraise rule is heinously misinterpreted. For example, player A, with a stack of £200, bets £30, player B with a stack of £55 now raises all-in, but as a result the betting is now closed to player C who can only call the £55 or fold. Now, this is by no means unfair, but everyone involved should be able to see that this is a retarded rule.

I really don't see why so many people have problems with the shortstackers. I find them easy to play against, yes, they complicate matters when you're targeting another big stack, but it doesn't take much adjustment. I also find playing as a shortstack easy and profitable. Maybe everyone who is so annoyed at all the shortstackers should spend a day or two doing it themselves just to see what all the fuss is about.