View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 03:12 PM

Default Re: Mod Loses Prop Bet, Won\'t Respond To Me

[ QUOTE ]

I do business to make money. Dealing with ego-centric, busy and somewhat inconsiderate people can be very +EV. I am not saying that Kyle fits this description. The point is that slight delay in payment or one minor deal falling through to my acute displeasure but which otherwise leaves future equity stemming from the relationship availible will be dealt with privately and with tact. The most I can say is that in the future I would employ more protections such as option contracts, escrow, negotiation fees, etc. This is just business people. You expose yourself to small losses inflicted by even the most well-intentioned potential partners if you don't use a little common sense. Some of the most profitable relationships I've had are with people who I employ very restrictive legal/negotiation tools to limit the potential for frustrations in the event of failure-to-launch.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, on the flipside, if none of this is a particularly big deal and there are all these wonderful ways to get around it, then how is it a big deal to mention it publicly?