View Single Post
Old 06-17-2007, 10:18 AM

Default $500 + $60 Borgata - Sick Laydown but is this -EV Longterm?

6K starting stacks 15 mins in and I'm taking the bb for the 2nd time. 25/50 and there are 5 limps to me. I have QQ and pop it to 350. Much to my surprise I get 4 calls??? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img](DONK ALERT)

Flop is 622 rainbow and I toss out a 500 chip (deliberate underbet). 2 instafolds and then an old guy who has played almost every hand quickly raises to 1500. Next limper folds and it's back to me.

I get a sick feeling and go into the tank before folding. As he's raking the pot he lifts his cards above the chips and I catch a glimpse of a deuce. Great laydown me BUT..............

Is this the type of laydown that has a negative expectation longterm while playing live? Can't a donkish live play opponent have an overpair to the board or A6 where I would read strength much the same?

It seems as often as I get these right I get them wrong and lay down the best hand while playing live. So in essence I survive in a bunch of tournies because I can lay down a big hand but I also don't accumulate as well as I could in some others.

Is it long term +EV to just step on the gas and move in here? What say you?